Virtual 5K Update: We Did It Together!
By Pearl Wang | May 14, 2020
Dear Children Rising community,
I’m so thankful to all of you. Because of you and your efforts, we not only reached our fundraising goal of $10,000, we exceeded it by over $1000! As our first virtual 5k event ever, we weren’t sure how it would turn out, but we knew our community would show up and you did.
Here are the awardees of our Hope for Children Now Virtual 5K:
- Most Dollars – Bekah Wilson who raised $1,100!
- Most Donors – Reto Peter who had 15 donors!
- Fastest Time/Rate (min/mi) – Bob Dailey who averaged 7:51 minutes per mile!
- Greatest Elevation Gain – Jen and Sam Roth who hiked an elevation gain of 456 feet with their family!
- Most Creative Route – Mark Perra who took a 22.2-mile bike ride on Mt. Diablo with an elevation gain of 4380 feet!
- Best Photo – Kevin and Becca Hu whose 5K actually included two small kiddos on bikes and fellow 5K participant Suresh Barre!
To see more of the awesome photos our participants took to commemorate their run/walk/ride, visit our Facebook Virtual 5K Event Page.
Even though the virtual 5K is over, you can still check out our other 2 Hope for Children Now events. You have now until May 16 to bid on items in our Silent Auction and Fund-a-Need. And our Hope for Children Now LIVE will be this Saturday, May 16 from 7-8 pm. If you have Facebook, you can RSVP here, but you can still watch here without a Facebook account.
Again, everyone, thank you so much for making this first ever Hope for Children Now Virtual 5K a success! You made all the difference.
For the children,
YES, I CAN provide Hope for Children Now!