Engaged families are critical to children recovering from learning loss and succeeding in school… and in life.
Who better understands the needs of the child they have loved, nurtured, and poured care into? However, many parents and caregivers struggle to provide homework assistance and tutoring support at home for their children. Many parents working multiple jobs struggle to find time, or believe they lack the skills and confidence to support their child’s learning at home. Launched in 2022, FamilyBridge partners with families whose children are enrolled in our Succeeding by Reading and Path2Math tutoring programs. It provides one-on-one homework tutoring and coaches parents and guardians so they may further develop the skills and confidence needed to accelerate their child’s learning at home.
I can help a student reach their potential
5 reasons for families to partner with FamilyBridge to accelerate their child’s learning!
- Access to advanced in-home learning tools specifically designed for elementary school students.
- Online skills-building sessions in English and Spanish leading to parent/caregiver increased confidence and ability for providing academic support to their child(ren) at home.
- Parent/Caregiver online workshops to optimize parent/caregiver knowledge of child development to positively impact school achievement and social emotional learning.
- One-on-One Support – to better understand the needs of each family and explore how best to respond to their child’s academic goals.
- Confidence boost for young learners-Accelerated, predictable growth in literacy and numeracy skills.
3 ways families can collaborate (or partner) with FamilyBridge to accelerate their child’s learning!
1. 30-Day Challenge – Families receive training and tools to quickly develop the skills confidence, and tools needed to accelerate their child’s learning and advocate for their vision of their child’s academic growth.
2. One-on-One Support – From a posture of humility, FamilyBridge seeks to better understand the needs of each family and explore how best to respond to their child’s academic goals. Most importantly, we want to affirm parents and caregivers in their significant role so they may better guide and advocate for their child’s future.
3. Parent Enrichment Workshops and Information Sessions – Skills-building sessions in English and Spanish provide parents and caregivers an opportunity to build numeracy and literacy skills, thereby increasing confidence to support their early learners. Parent online workshops in English and Spanish cover a variety of topics to optimize parent/caregiver knowledge of child development to positively impact school achievement and social emotional learning.